Standard Operating Procedure
Composition of the ICC
The ICC is composed as per UGC guidelines and consists of the following members:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Chairperson (Faculty member)
- Two Faculty Members (preferably female)
- One Non-Teaching Staff Member
- One Student Representative
- One External Expert (Legal expert or NGO representative)
- Preside over the meetings of the ICC
- Coordinate and oversee the activities of the ICC
- Ensure compliance with UGC guidelines and the law
- Submit an annual report to the institution
- Attend ICC meetings and contribute to discussions
- Assist in the investigation of complaints as required
- Uphold confidentiality and impartiality throughout the process
- Act as a liaison between students and the ICC
- Present the perspective of students during meetings and discussions
Complaint Registration and Procedure
- Provide expertise on legal and procedural matters
- Contribute an unbiased viewpoint to the investigation process
- Any member of the institution, including faculty, staff, students, or visitors, may file a complaint of sexual harassment.
- Complaints should be submitted in writing to the ICC through a designated channel.
- The ICC shall conduct a preliminary inquiry within seven days of receiving the complaint.
- If the complaint is found to be prima facie valid, a full investigation will be initiated.
Action and Redressal:
- The investigation shall be completed within 30 days.
- The ICC may gather evidence, interview parties involved, and consult external experts if needed.
- Upon completion of the investigation, the ICC shall recommend appropriate action to the institution's authorities.
- The institution's authorities shall take necessary action in accordance with the recommendations.
All information related to complaints and investigations shall be treated with the utmost confidentiality to protect
the privacy and dignity of all parties involved.
Awareness and Prevention
The ICC shall conduct regular awareness programs and training sessions for faculty, staff, and students to promote
a safe and respectful environment and prevent sexual harassment.
The ICC shall submit an annual report to the institution detailing the number of complaints received, actions
taken, and recommendations for improvement.
Amendment and Review
This policy document shall be subject to periodic review and may be amended as required to align with changing
regulations and best practices.
The ICC is committed to upholding the principles of equity, dignity, and respect within Swa. Sawakar Mahavidyalaya,
Beed. This policy document reflects our dedication to creating a harmonious and harassment-free academic and
work environment for all members of the institution.