Swa. Sawarkar Mahavidyalaya, has set up in the Beed District in 1995. The Library was developed in the year 1995 in a small building with only 200 books. Total collection of books in the library is 16397 also includes periodicals, journals, N-LIST, Remote access from University library and daily News Papers.
- Total books on Accession are 16397.
- Photocopying facilities for staff.
- Reading rooms for staff, boys and girls.
- Unique reference books are in the library.
- N-LIST Consortia provides access to e – journals & e – books.
- Remote Access from University Library for use e-resources.
- Library automation is completed through LIB-MAN Master Software.
- Library environment is conductive to acquire knowledge & information through technological enhancement
- The library has good collection of text books reference books, e-books & e-journals. Facility of internet is available in library for students and staff members.
|Dr. Anuja Anantrao Kastikar||Librarian|
|Mr. Suresh N. Nivdunge||Library Attendant|
|Smt. Alka V. KulkarniM.||Library Attendent|
|Papers Published in Journals||Papers Published in Conference|
|Dr. Anuja Anantrao Kastikar||01||03||05||02||—|
Library Services and Facilities
The library has a key role in supporting the academic activities of the institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting the following library and information services, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Borrowing facility
- Each Student : 2 Books (For 7 Days)
- Most regular and studious students : 2 to 4 Books (As per demand)
- Faculty Members: No Limit (One academic year)
- Non-Teaching Staff: 10 books
Books for competitive examinations such as MPSC, UPSC, NET/SET are also issued extra on the borrower card . Current Journals are displayed on racks and the back issues are issued for seven days. Users use OPAC for searching book. Studies and regular students can get more than two books.
2. Curriculum Activities:
Orientation of the college students:
In the Beginning of an academic year the librarian takes an Orientation Programme for First Year students. In this Programme he makes them aware of the Rules and Regulations of the Library and the precaution to be taken while using the books. She also orients them how to search the book though catalogue, how to demand the books and how to borrow the books.
3. Library Automation:
The library is using LIBMAN Software for Automation. Data entry is completed till today. The library is using software for-
- Identity Card printing
- Newspaper entry and billing
- For reference and CAS service
- Bar coding
- Various office uses
- Information on purchase heads
- IT infrastructure:
|Three Intel core i3 computers||Server|
|HP i5 computer with 4 nods||Internet and e-resources|
|Bar code printer||Bar-coding|
|Three laser guns||Circulation|
|Web camera||Library security|
|LED Television||Library Notice, display information, A/V Use, presentation|
|Hard Disk||To preserve data|
4. Periodical Service
Current issues of journals and periodicals are made available to the students and faculty members in the Reading Room. Back issues of journals and periodicals are issued for home-lending for a week.
5. Reading/Study Room
The Study Room Facility is available to students and faculty members, during the library hours, i.e. 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM
6. Internet Service
Internet facility is given to the all users. It is free of charge for faculty and students.
7. Current Awareness Service (CAS)
This list of new arrival is also displayed on the notice board for information of students. New arrivals (books) are displayed on Display Stand for seven days.
- Books Exhibitions: Library arranges books exhibition on various occasions.
- New arrivals: List of new arrivals with author, title and their wrappers is displayed on the Notice Board.
8. Reference Service
The reference books are made available to the readers during library hours. The personal assistance as guidance and help is provided, if required to the new readers to make use of the reference book.
9. Photocopy and Scanning
Library provides photocopying and scanning and printing service to staff and students in minimum cost.
10. Syllabus and Question Papers
Syllabus and sets of university examination question papers are made available to faculty and students in soft copy from the library.
11. Library Facility to Outside readers
To ensure optimum use of the library collection, library has provided an opportunity to off the campus users to avail the facilities of library resources with permission of higher authority.
12. Resource sharing (ILL)
Collaboration with local colleges and brother colleges of the institution for Inter library loan under resource sharing for references.
Awards by library
Every academic year library declares a Best User and Best Reading room user award among students.